The Sylvia A. Banks Scholarship
Ten percent of all general donations will be placed into our Sylvia A. Banks Scholarship Fund.
The late Sylvia A. Banks (the mother of Stanley Banks Jr., CEO of CORE Wrestling) was a devoted wife, and mother. She was strong and confident woman, who loved her family deeply, and was a huge fan of wrestling. She pushed through barriers during her time by becoming one of the first African American women to be hired at Ohio Bell Telephone Company. She was able to achieve this accomplishment and many more by displaying boldness, strength, persistence and willingness to help others.
In honor of Sylvia, CORE Wrestling is happy to award this annual scholarship to the graduating high school wrestler who consistently displays similar traits. The following are requirements for the Sylvia A. Banks Scholarship:
- Must be an active member of CORE Wrestling
- Has been a member of CORE Wrestling for at least 3 years
- Graduating Senior in high school
- At least 3.0 or higher GPA
- At least 60 hours of community service hours
- Must show proof of acceptance to 4 year college institution
CORE Scholarship Recipients