Sylvia A. Banks Scholarship
**Ten percent of all donations will be placed into our Sylvia A. Banks Scholarship Fund.**
Our first Scholarship was awarded on July 3, 2021 to Christopher Dickey, a 2021 graduate of East Mecklenburg High School. Chris will be wrestling for UNC Pembroke in the Fall.
The late Sylvia A. Banks (the mother of Stanley Banks Jr., CEO of CORE Wrestling) was a strong and confident woman, who loved her family deeply. She pushed through barriers during her time by becoming one of the first African American women to be hired at Ohio Bell Telephone Company. She was able to achieve this accomplishment and many more by displaying boldness, strength, persistence and willingness to help others.
In honor of Sylvia A. Banks, a devoted mother to a wrestler, CORE Wrestling Inc. is happy to announce a college scholarship will be awarded in her name to a graduating high school senior wrestler who presents with similar traits, such as Sylvia A. Banks showed during her lifetime.
The following are requirements for the Sylvia A. Banks Scholarship:
- Must be an active member of CORE Wrestling
- Has been a member of CORE Wrestling for at least 3 years
- Graduating Senior in high school
- At least 3.0 or higher GPA
- At least 60 hours of community service hours
- Must show proof of acceptance to 4 year college institution